The obligatory groupie
The volunteers gathered early in the morning at Matina Crossing, Davao City. After loading boxes of school kits and snacks, we headed to our community partner with a chartered jeepney. Unfortunately, the final bridge to the community was under repair, so we had to walk under the scorching heat of the sun a little bit further.
Our jeepney trying to pass through the bridge to no avail
The kids happily welcomed us when we arrived at the area. Most of them are already familiar with our faces as we go back to the community twice a year. Mabelle gave a welcome remarks and faclitated the introduction of volunteers. Then Myra, a nurse volunteer, briefly lectured about germs and proper hand washing.
How long should handwashing time be? As long as the Happy Birthday song
After the lecture, we distributed the school kits. We have prepared 233 kits for Day Care to Grade 7 students. Just like our previous distibutions, not all students were able to come, especially those who live far from the assembly area. But the remaining kits are endorsed to Kuya Nando, our contact person who will deliver the goods to the rest of the kids.
Here are photos of students with their school kits per grade level. If you want to know what we exactly gave to the kids, please check this spreadsheet.
After the distribution of school kits, we gave the children and adults some bread and juice.
Mabelle talking to kids
We would like to thank our donors and volunteers for this big day.
- Lorna Fajardo, Shugar Pardillo, Liyah and Liyoh, Mr Grey, Daryl Caingles, Heidi Obenza, Leticia Tulagan, Vincent & Ana Pera, Nora Hagen, Lhen & Romy Reyes, Tropang R, Myra Cavero, Lydia Reyes, Jasmine Pasco, Ms Chin, Ms Jaye, and Mary Vince Pepito for the financial assistance
- Rafael for buying the school kits for Daycare and Kindergarten pupils
- Gina for some school supplies
- D-BJAG Marketing, especially to Kuya Bobong, Ate April and Bryan for purchasing and packing the school kits
- Lorna Mae Mondero, Jessame Gan, Apol Piaon, Ophelia Casel, Maryvic Alvares, Bryan Hao, Mildred, Nicole Elizar, Jun Villegas and Celine for the snacks
- Sarah and her father Kuya Sergio for preparing vols' breakfast and arranging transportation to and from the partner community
- Gladys Clarito, Joan Cleofe and Mabelle for sponsoring our transportation
- Dan, Sarah, Mabelle, Myra, Erwin, Angie, Kara, Apple, Kikit, Kuya Sergio, Kuya Driver, Nicole, Chikai, Jedric, Sophia and Isay for coming with us
Hope you'll continue to support us in our future projects.
Daghan kaayong salamat.